Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another helpful blog...

This is a blog that I found that is by Angela Maiers and she is based out of Des Moines. She has had 20 years of experience in education and has worked in a classroom environment before which I find very relatable. Her work is featured in the National Research Council Yearbook, multiple professional journals, and most recently in Urban Schools Most Promising Practices, published by the International Reading Association. Angela also won the Edublog award for the best new blog! She is doing amazing work for the education world and definitely views technology as a vital aspect to education.

I have recently started reading this blog and am excited that Angela will be coming to speak with us in late March! I really admire her views about learning and technology and am excited to dive into this blog with more detail. Angela says that "teachers need to be great learners" and I absolutely agree! Teachers need to be willing to learn about all types of things throughout their career - different religions and cultures, teaching methods and even technology! I am hoping to take a lot away from Angela's blog and hope that you all will look into it!

More to come....

1 comment:

  1. Kate- I just discovered your blog! Thank you so much for the kind words. I love your life long learning spirit, and kudos to you for sharing it with other teachers! I look forward to learning more from you!
    Are you on Twitter yet? There are so many resources and ways to connect with other passionate educators there as well!

    ReplyDelete