Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mi primer poste de blog!

Hello all! My name is Kate and this is one of my first blog! I am finishing up my education at the University of Northern Iowa and am going to graduate with a major in Elementary Education with a minor in Educational Technology. I plan on student teaching in Austin, Texas in the fall and staying in the area for a while so I am going to be focusing this blog on Texas Education. I'm planning on writing about any concerns that I have or any interesting articles that I find about the Texas education system. One big challenge that I see in my future is ELL students. I know that a lot of students are going to be bilingual and most of them will be Spanish speakers. I have four years of high school Spanish under my belt but still have a lot to learn! This is a challenge that I am looking forward to conquering! I found a great blog/website called Spanish Only that teaches you a word of the day and a phrase of the day. A new post is up everyday and it only takes a few minutes to read in the morning and I can practice throughout the day. I would recommend subscribing to this blog if you would like to learn a second language gradually!

I also found a blog called Tech Chick Tips that is created by two Texan educators that are "obsessed with anything technology." I really like this site because these two ladies are really trying to focus on different ways to implement technology into the classroom. This website focuses mostly on outside resources but just collecting them into one area. I selected this blog because of my Ed Tech minor. I am looking forward to implementing technology in my classroom and relating to my students via technology. This is a fantastic resource for any teacher - especially those who are interested in technology!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment