Thursday, March 5, 2009

If I had a million dollars...

In my computer classroom applications class we are currently working on an assignment that allows us to create an "ideal classroom". We have unlimited funds and we even get to choose how large our classroom is! I am excited about this assignment - I would be even more excited if we could apply it in our future classrooms! :o) I think I would start with different stations in my classroom. I would definitely have a podcasting station where students can create and produce there own podcast and then post it on the web. In this station I would have a high quality microphone, laptop, several sets of headphones and places for them to have scripts and other needs. The next station that I would have would be a guided reading station. I would have a kidney shaped table with eight chairs so I can have a varying amount of students for guided reading. I would have a smaller Promethean interactive whiteboard that I would use to encourage conceptual learning within the small reading groups. In the front on the room I would have an Elmo, another larger Promethean and a book shelf with a large variety of different digital books.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment